CNN Returns to Responsible Journalism?

The Little Network That Could

(Spoiler: big reward for your patience in final video)

The Mainstream Media has been losing credibility since 2008.  Starting with the assassination of Hillary Clinton’s character and continuing on to prop up their version of Jesus incarnate, there has been consistent avoidance of anything that resembles factual and unbiased reporting.  Good for the blogosphere, bad for TV news.

That’s why my head spun around like Linda Blair in her signature scene from the exorcist when I heard CNN’s Erin Burnett audaciously reported the truth about the OWS movement shortly after it began.

Could this be?  Someone actually had the stones to say what we’ve all been thinking about the OWS movement? A cable news network actually had the gall to challenge OFA’s astroturf movement that would eventually be used to create class warfare so the Jesus Christ Lizard could appear to be walking on water when fleeing from his opponent. What a welcome relief.

Does Jim Walton Really Suck?

“Yes, I suck as much as you think I do”

Fast forward to July 2o12, CNN President Jim Walton announced his resignation because “CNN needs new thinking.  That starts with a new leader who brings a different perspective, different experiences and a new plan, one who will build on our great foundation and will commit to seeing it through.  And I’m ready for a change.  I have interests to explore and I want to give myself time to do it.”  Sounds like a forced resignation to me, but I’ll give Jim the benefit of the doubt.

If you’ve seen this already, fast forward to final

Just this week, the video below was released by a SuperPAC affiliated with the Obama Re-election Campaign (even thought they swear they had no knowledge of the ad).  If you haven’t seen this misleading piece of crap, watch it.  If not, skip it.  Its another minute and three seconds of your life you’ll never get back.

It was immediately exposed for the hyperbolic piece of shit that it truly is by CNN:

I was still wondering if Blitzer had a brain fart or death wish in actually reporting the news, but then this emerged.  The 18 minutes and 22 seconds that follows should be required viewing to restore faith in the media. Complete with crazy-gluing your eyelids open.

18m 22s of Pure Gold!

If this smarmy little prick is any indication of the caliber of Robert Gibbs’ SuperPAC team, then I fully encourage them to move forward with the same tone they’ve employed thus far.  You know that old saying: “When your opponent is shooting themselves in the foot, just sit down and STFU”. For that reason alone, I choose to remain mum.

42 comments on “CNN Returns to Responsible Journalism?

What a find on that Erin Burnett video! I completely missed it. Saw that 18 minute+ on CNN last night. WTF is going on there? That’s the second night in a row they pushed back.

Shared this on reddit. Go like it up if you’re on there, folks. http://www.reddit.com/r/politics/comments/xy587/cnn_returns_to_responsible_journalism/

• Anthony says:

I knew I heard Erin calling out OWS for what it was almost a year ago, and I never forgot it. Finding that video was almost impossible. It was buried under a whole bunch of Cenk Ugyur Young Turks hit pieces on her for having the “audacity of hope” to actually hope to shed unfiltered light on it.

Glad you liked it!

The hidden gem in all of this was my discovery of the Jesus Christ Lizard. I’m trying to see if I can adopt one. Looks like it would be a way cool tub toy. Check him out:

2. […] But why stop here when Anthony has gone to town on the faux MSM that never stops fibbing but might a… Like this:LikeBe the first to like this.   […]

3. mcnorman says:

I’m lovin’ this Lola and Anthony. I really am. You have no idea how refreshing this is.

Just a note, Ann Coulter on the Romney response.

“And then we have Romney Campaign spokesperson Andrea Saul and her response was that, not that it was despicable, not that Romney had left Bain five years earlier, or that the woman died five years after the plant closed and did not even get insurance from her husband. Her response was, “Well if she had lived in Massachusetts with Mitt Romney’s health care plan she would have had health insurance.”

“Anyone who donates to Mitt Romney and I mean the big donors should call and say if Andrea Saul is not fired and off the campaign tomorrow they’re not giving another dime. Because it is not worth fighting for this man if this is the kind of spokesman he has. By responding to an ad like this by citing health care in Massachusetts?… No, I’m serious about this. There’s no point you doing your show, there’s no point in us going to a convention and pushing for this man if he is employing people like this. This ad is the turning point and he has nearly snatched victory from the jaws of defeat.”

4. FACT checking? Who woulda thunk it? Good job CNN. You finally have fact checked something so blatantly obviously ridiculous you had to follow up with it. Anybody else notice that the WH spokespeople, Cutter & that smarmy prick above, are always smirking like the elitist jerks they are? Anyone else know HOW would Soptic been able to keep his health insurance after he lost his job? Wouldn’t this has been a COBRA thing?

• Anthony says:

Yeah, fact checking indeed. Imagine that in this day and age.

Soptik’s insurance has nothing to do with it. His wife had her own insurance, and her husband’s insurance was supplementary to her own policy. This is exactly as bogus and hyperbolic as it sounds.

5. JohnSmart says:

Spot on, Anthony.

6. imusthavepie says:

The circular logic of Bill Burton defies the laws of physics. He really should get a job in a pretzel factory.

• Anthony says:

I think he’s perfect exactly where he is. I rather like him there. Highlights the smarmy attitude of the entire Obama presidency

• Watching that segment last night was like…I don’t think there’s a suitable analogy. Except maybe being exposed to goatse. Don’t look it up! I swear you will regret it. Forever.

7. NoEmptySuits says:

Great job, Anthony.

Bill Burton has all the credibility of a dish rag.

• Anthony says:

Thanks, NES. I don’t know where ObamaKamp gets these dolts. His project cost $20M and thats the best he could come up with?

8. NoEmptySuits says:

I understand that CNN is coming to its senses because it’s bleeding money. But, nevertheless, I welcome its reemergence in true journalism. A republic cannot long sustain itself without a free unbiased press.

9. jackyt says:

Were I doing ads for a Romney superpac, I’d run an ad in all the same markets in which this one is airing. Mine would interview employees of Bain successes telling how Romney improved their lives. (Of course, being an Eleanor Roosevelt democrat, this is strictly hypothetical.)

• Anthony says:

Somehow, I don’t think the “Understands” ad is going to make it past this weekend, and if it does it will end up being an even bigger liability than it is today. Gotta hand it to Gibbsy & Co. They really know how to burn through $20M in what? One minute, three seconds. Way to go!

10. Anthony says:

Taking pictures and naming names:

Ten Donors Financing Obama’s Super PAC Smears

From commenter cj at TCH

11. 1539days says:

I’ve heard this referred to as “random acts of journalism.” A few incidents does not a pattern make.

12. cj says:

Morning Joe has been all over it too. It’s not a show I normally watch, it airs @ 3am out here, but I had a bout of insomnia, so I turned it on. They had a segment with Newt, who was very, very good, but overall, the regulars came across as a bunch of giggling Heathers. And John Heilman of Politico went into a total hissy fit when Newt wouldn’t answer his question the way he wanted, lol. Just annoying.

Anyway, what’s beginning to bother me is the fact that the Obama camp is still doubling down. I know that they’re in-your-face arrogant bastards, but I’m wondering if their internals are telling them to keep the story going, despite the bad press?

• melisshka says:

I don’t know if you guys ever read Neoneocon, but if not, you really should. She’s very smart and thoughtful. The other night she wrote about “the big lie” and this really seems like what Obama and his minions are doing. It’s disturbing that people could buy into all the ridiculous crap he’s spewing but I see some evidence among my facebook friends that it could be working, although not as much among the hard core lefties as the independent types. Anyway, here’s the link. http://neoneocon.com/2012/08/08/politics-lies-and-the-lying-liars/

• cj says:

What a great read, thanks for posting!

“… Obama follows the following rules as well, elucidated in a US intelligence profile of Hitler written during the war:

[Hitler’s] primary rules were: never allow the public to cool off; never admit a fault or wrong; never concede that there may be some good in your enemy; never leave room for alternatives; never accept blame; concentrate on one enemy at a time and blame him for everything that goes wrong; people will believe a big lie sooner than a little one; and if you repeat it frequently enough people will sooner or later believe it.”

That is the technique in a nutshell—and what’s more it’s Obama’s only technique in his campaign against Romney.”

I’ve never read Alinsky, but have a feeling that’s where Obama picked the strategy up.

• Anthony says:

They’ll keep it going, cj. And going. And going. I mean really – what else do they have?

13. Anthony, I’m afraid this is the real reason CNN went after Obama so hard on the Soptic ad: http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2012/08/09/cnn-poll-obama-holds-7-point-lead-over-romney/

They clearly needed to increase their credibility ahead of releasing an extremely biased poll. It’s so biased they won’t share the internals on it.

• Anthony says:

I hear what you’re saying, but don’t know if I can agree so easily. Do I think CNN is capable of “responsible journalism”? Maybe, maybe not, but Blitzer sure is holding onto this like a dog to a bone.

There are many polls that are considered to be outliers. Once they’re factored into the average, they bring a candidates overall numbers up (or down). I would entertain the idea that there was some pressure by the WH and this “poll” is a quid-pro-quo for breaking this story wide open, but aside from rallying the Dem base, I can’t think of anyone in they’re right mind that would actually take it seriously. Especially if they refuse to offer the internals. Kind of like Harry Reid and his imaginary friend….

Then again, maybe I’m crazy….

Either way, I’m STILL voting for Romney.

• cj says:

I’m voting for Romney too, AZ’s still pink, not red like I thought, so I can’t take the chance of voting 3rd party, but FOX has him down too. I just don’t like it. Maybe it’s an outlier, but FOX has him slipping on foreign policy, so I’d hate to think Obama’s sleaze ads are changing minds.

• Well you already know I’m ALL IN for Romney.

14. leslie says:

Nice work, Anthony. I could only get through 13:37 on the Burton video – and that was with stopiing it a few times. Burton is such a sleaze that I couldn’t stomach any more.
    I remember Megyn Kelly interviewing him on her show and in effect telling him to STFU ‘cuz “It’s MY show. I’ll run this interview”. Made me laugh out loud then just as it does now.
    Take note of his perspective on political ads.

• Anthony says:

Thanks, Leslie. I know it was a lot to get through, but Burton was a dick from his first word. You got the gist of it. Megyn Kelly totally rocked in this video. She OWNED his snotty little lying ass.

15. […] CNN Returns to Responsible Journalism? […]

16. […] August 9, 2012, I wrote a post titled “CNN Returns To Responsible Journalism?” Now I can remove the question and add an exclamation point […]