Odiots

New term, and I better get credit for this one, dang it.

poppedcollar

An Odiot is a person who keeps hoping, all evidence to the contrary, that Obama will be the progressive president the Odiot thought he would be. Case in point: My poor sister-in-law is an example of an Odiot. Here’s what she told my husband on the phone today, I assume as if it was just a big ole ball of cherry ice cream on a chocolate cake: Obama will end don’t ask don’t tell. She’s in the Navy, she ought to know. Um, guess again, O uninformed one.  I guess the idea pissed off the wrong rich Hoover, or maybe the totally unsalvagable Christian Air Force threw a hissy fit and insinuated treason. If you’re paying attention you know the only people Obama stands up to are women, gays, and the rest of his base.

Another example of Odiocy is the endless stream of hopeful blog posts about Hilda Solis. No shit, she’s the new heroine of the left. The Labor Secretary is going to save the day with her progressive views on labor, proving what a commitment Obama has to progressive values, and single-handedly absolving the golden administration of all charges. Digby even compared her to Frances Perkins (google her), as if! As if what? As if the Secretary of Labor had that kind of power anymore! In case Digby hadn’t noticed, Perkins’ power was part of the reason that position has lost clout. And her name, like the name of Secretary of Labor after Secretary of Labor  has been lost to the dustbin of history ever since. But of course she wouldn’t know that…she’s a misogyny-loving apologist who doesn’t know the first thing about women’s history, let alone Frances Perkins (who was pretty amazing, FTR).

(Don’t get me wrong, I love me some Hilda Solis, but let’s keep it in perspective, shall we? )

ANYway, my personal grudge with Digby aside, I’m not going to link to any of the other Odiocy, because if you’ve been paying attention, you’ve seen it for yourself. I’m not telling you anything you don’t already know. The Solis consolation prize narrative is in full swing and you know exactly what I’m talking about.

Now here’s a guy just beginning to emerge from an Odiotic stupor. He’s still hoping against hope, though. It’s all Reid’s fault. Well, if Reid support The O, which he did, then what, huh?

11 comments on “Odiots

Go ahead and laugh. You know you want to, if nothing else for the popped collars.

2. Cyn NY says:

Anna Belle, you put a smile on my face with those collars and I shall forever connect you with the world Odiot. You rock. 😉

Thanks, Cyn! I just could not leave that picture alone last night. I’m still giggling every time I look at it.

4. Jenny W says:

Is there room in the world for difference of opinion?

5. Ali says:

That is an INCREDIBLE picture! I’m kind of glad that I’m not THAT cool, all things considered;)

6. insightanalytical says:

ODIOT—FABULOUS term!!!!!!!!

4-popped collars…WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. madamab says:

Heh. I had a friend in college who used to dress like that. Thankfully, he’s over it.

🙂

“Odiots” – I love it!

As for Obama and gays, anyone who thinks he is a friend to the LGBT community deserves that term richly. And as for Naomi Wolf? She is a major Odiot. Like, totally!

(hair flip)

8. BO, in that linked article, is saying they have to get a bill through Congress to get rid of don’t ask. It is an administrative rule. All BO has to do is what Clinton did – replace it with a new rule which he signs and sends to the Joint Chiefs.

9. Hilda Solis is in favor of open borders and amnesty unlimited which is good for corporations and mobbed up unions NOT labor. Unions which are not taken by the mob who are still representing citizen workers are not in favor of open borders which promote decreased wages and benefits unions struggled for three decades to win before the mob and fed regs destroyed them.

The BOBOTS do not understand Union history as most of them have not even read about it much less ever worked in manufacturing. How unions used to be before workers got killed if they challenged teamster leadership; before the AFL/CIO began to fight social security checks for employer’s in the courts with money from worker’s union dues.

10. Betty says:

The obama zombies hopefully.. slowly will come back to life. If women didn’t care about the way Hillary was treated…what must they think about themselves. But sadly..Hillary told obama that it was just fine for him to toss her around.