What’s Your Opinion of the New Layout?

I’ve been toying with the idea of changing the focus and format of the blog along with the URL. As regular readers know, this blog was started at the end the primary season and much of P&L’s focus has been on the election. Now that the election is over, it’s time to refocus.

P&L’s goals have always included the desire to see women unify as a super-constituency, something they have been unable or unwilling to do for some time now for a variety of reasons. Now is the time. Now women across the land understand what they didn’t before: that sexism hurts all women, and prevents our full participation in humanity. That must change and some are ready and willing. I intend to through my lot in with theirs, bringing my skills to bear in that effort. As has been discussed her at P&L many times, knowledge of women’s history is a crucial part of that process. To that end, P&L will start a weekly series called Women’s History Wednesdays (beginning this coming Wednesday), wherein readers will learn about some part of American women’s history.

Now P&L wants YOUR opinion. A mirror site of Peacocks and Lilies has been set up, this one with a different layout. P&L might migrate over there with the new post on Wednesday. What do you think of that? The new site can be found here.  Please check it out and offer your opinion in the poll posted there. Thanks!

6 comments on “What’s Your Opinion of the New Layout?

1. cyn623 says:

For some unknown reason, I can’t access your new site.

Love the poem to your daughter. How well I remember that time from my own girls. Sigh…

Oops, sorry, that was my fault, Cyn. I forgot to make it accessible to everyone after I set it up. Thanks for the heads up. I would have wondered… You should be able to access it now.

Thanks for the comment on the poem. I hope she likes it when she’s older.

3. cyn623 says:

Oh, you are too gifted! I was initially drawn to your blog by your writing and was enchanted with your peacock feathers.

However, I also love the strong women look of the new blog. So, I’m not much help, am I? It’s probably my Libra ascendant. 🙂

4. bluelyon says:

I kinda like the current site. I like the peacock feathers. Perhaps some combination of the two?

I’m going to see if there’s a way to combine designs, BL. Maybe I could keep the peacock feathers for the About P&L page…

Thanks to you both for the feedback!

6. madamab says: