Morning Snark

It’s official. WKJM now has multiple applications: Whoever Kidnapped Josh Marshall/Jeralyn Merritt. Think of them as the masculine and feminine archetypes of the New Progressive Dude Nation. Sort of like The High Priestess and the Hierophant in a Rider-Waite tarot deck.

14 comments on “Morning Snark

We’re all gonna need a laugh here in a little bit. We’ll all be reverent enough today, I’m sure, but when we’re done remembering and reflecting, I thought you might like to come home to find something funny waiting for you. 🙂

2. Palomino says:

And while we’re on the subject of WKJM 2.0, may I suggest . . .

I shoulda posted that link, as I’ve been getting most of my info on Jeralyn these days from you and Charles Lemos. I was just too tired this morning, after waking up abruptly at 4:30 for no apparent reason, to do anything more than make the art and the joke…

That was one fantastic post you wrote there. Readers should definitely click on that link.

PS: Do you think we could use WKJM as an acceptable gender nuetral pronoun in the blogosphere? Yeah, okay, need sleep.

5. SWPAnnA says:

Note, also, that the Hierophant raises his hand in a subtle gesture – a sign known to his accolytes but not readily understood by the throngs who accept his “holiness.”

… not unlike the Jay-Z music, finger upside the cheek and the true intent of the phrase using the now timely word ‘lipstick’ in an insider’s cultural put-down loaded with juice for the initiated.

Good point SWP. I was trying to figure out earlier tonight if John Amato was the monk on the left or the right. Whichever one he is, John Aravosis is definitely the other. What do you think the B and the J stand for on Jeralyn’s card?

Geez, I am so evil…

7. Valhalla says:

I think we have to go with WKJM2 for TL, though, to distinguish still in a short-hand way.

Isn’t it kind of freaky that they have the same initials, when you think of it? Or maybe so many have drunk the KA, overlap was inevitable at some point.

8. Cher says:

Ummmmm, interesting quote here, Annnabelle:

“The propagandist’s purpose is to make one set of people forget that certain other sets of people are human. – Aldous Huxley”

Glad to see you all having such fun with a set of tarot cards. I seem to remember a day when to do so might have offended you heartily.

Cher, there was never a day when playing with tarot cards for humor would have offended me. I’m sorry, but you need to take that petty shit back to CJMB. We’re respectful of each other here, and we don’t act all uppity and offended just because people disagree with us. I don’t mind you being here, and welcome your rational discourse and your obvious talent, but you can’t act like you do on CJMB here. I moderate. People who can’t play nice get deleted. You’ve been warned.

10. Cher says:

I’m sorry you feel that my opinion is petty, and I see no disrespect in my response. I do agree with you about what is going on at the other board. As for how I act on CJMB, I don’t act there as much as I read. Thanks for the warning.

It wasn’t your opinion I was calling petty, it was your behavior. You were being deliberately snarky and sarcastic. I don’t know what else you’d call that but disrespect. You’re welcome for the warning. You’re free to offer your opinion here as long as you keep it clean.

12. Cher says:

Gotcha, but I have to laugh, and I mean this in all sincerity and with the humor you know that I have. Having my opionion called “snarky” when the title of this piece is “Morning Snark” well, is downright funny.

Honestly, I meant no offense when I wrote of the tarot cards. I just seem to remember a time when you [and I] tried to understand people who attack certain things without thought of who it might offend or hurt. I love a good joke just like the next person, but to take a set of tarot cards which play a very important role in some people’s lives and ‘doctor’ them up for the sake of poking fun just doesn’t seem so funny to me that’s all that I was trying to convey.

Thanks.

Fair enough, and I agree, it is funny re: the title. Thank you for articulating your issue with the tarot cards. I appreciate your POV, but I would skewer the bible in the same way. I’m an equal opportunity snarker. And this joke is aimed more at the archetypal-symbolism aspect as opposed to the religious-practice aspect.